Tuesday, July 27, 2004

ASRWU - part sixteen

Rock ’n’ roll wasn’t the reason we were frequenting the Middle East on our weekend in the city. We had heard that a young up-and-coming fashion designer was hosting her show there. Although it was advertised as a “punk rock fashion show” I felt the description was slightly misleading. I imagined teenagers with body-piercings and Mohicans wearing ripped tights and “Anarchy” badges – but it was actually more futurisitic and a whole lot cooler than that. I think I would have categorised it as “cyberpunk”, though I actually don’t think the word exists other than to describe a particular type of science fiction writing – but if clothes could be represented by book genres, then this was most definitely “cyperpunk”.

Hmmm... Actually that got me thinking. If your clothes were a book genre, which one would they be? I wear two distinct book-types. There’s my work wardrobe, and my play wardrobe. The work books I wear are quite boring, say, Reference Textbook – no, hang on; they’re feistier than that, with greater global appeal – more like Popular Science, yeah. And I’d put my play clothes in the Contemporary Fiction section (although I’m sure some items would be better suited to Sci-Fi). And my shoes? Well, Modern Classics obviously.
Sorry came over all tangential there for a while. Enjoy some pictures while I recover.


cyberpunk fashion - Boston style 

 Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home