Thursday, July 01, 2004

ASRWU - part thirteen

As a bonus at the HMNH we got to see and touch a snake – at a sort of show and tell, aimed primarily at kids I guess. So I enjoyed it. Of interest also was the mineralogical and geological museum, for those who like pretty, coloured rocks. And let’s face it, who doesn’t?

After all this educational activity we needed a coffee break. We found a sweet wee cafe in a bookstore nearby (I forget the name of it), where we engaged a young Bostonian in conversation about the freakishly inclement weather. It seemed to be the topic on everybody’s mind that weekend.

That evening we ventured to the local cinema to spend our hard-earned cash on two $10-tickets (yes, that’s right, $10 per person - I had to pick my jaw up off the floor) to see Tim Burton’s 2003 fairytale Big Fish. All I can say is, I’m glad I really, really enjoyed the film. I had always liked Tim Burton as a director (Edward Scissorhands, Batman, and The Nightmare Before Christmas were all captivating for me) but since this latest offering, I love him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home