Monday, September 19, 2005

move over atkins, here come the warriors

Ohnonotagain. Yet another new diet fad is set to sweep the nation. The Warrior Diet is the latest craze in the diet world. It is an eating plan that is said to mimic the habits of cave-dwellers, who tended to eat just one hearty meal a day, after killing their prey.

The idea is to snack on fruit and nuts during the day, then to have just one meal - as much as you like - between 5pm and 7pm. This is currently being studied by researchers at the Laboratory of Neurosciences at America’s National Institute of Aging, but has been dismissed by UK nutritionists as "another gimmick".

Personally speaking, this is similar to the way I've been eating for years. It's not because I'm "dieting" as such, but just that it's an eating plan that seems to suit me. I'm one of those lucky people who've never really been overweight, though at times I've been heavier than I would like, but I seem to be able to maintain my weight around an acceptable level. Yes, I'm a bitch, I know.

So I've decided I'm going to bring out my own diet plan soon - keep an eye out for it hitting the shops in the near future. It's going to be called "Eating Sensibly and Doing a Little Exercise". Catchy title huh?

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I notice they decided not to call it the cave forager diet or somesuch. Probably wouldn't have looked nearly as good on the merchandise: http://www.warriordiet.com/products.html

13:09  
Blogger Aisha said...

i like the title of your book bc when it comes down to it, that's what you have to do, to lose weight. no big secret. now if one can learn the will power.... i'll pay the big bucks for that! :)

15:18  
Blogger Roger Stevens said...

Eating Sensibly and Doing a Little Exercise. I think you're on to a winner there. It'll be a best seller.

Mind you - it'll probably be dismissed as a gimmick.

I'm on a new diet. I only eat frogs and toads and drink rainwater. I'm very confident that it will have astounding results.

15:49  
Blogger Patry Francis said...

No, I'm afraid we DON"T want to be told to eat sensibly & get a little exercise. In fact, the bald truth is the last thing we want to hear. Give us a magic formula: six bananas at midnight and then eat what you want for the rest of the day. Something like that.

20:33  

Post a Comment

<< Home